RQ&N Shareholder Michael K.
Michael K. Erickson
Mr. Erickson’s practice emphasizes intellectual property litigation, including copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret matters. In particular, he focuses on intellectual property disputes in computer, software, and Internet industries. He is experienced in a wide-range of technology disputes, including Internet file sharing, electronic ad substitution, digital modeling, computer hacking, Web crawling, anti-circumvention technologies, domain names, digital image resizing, digital video recording, sponsored link advertising, safe harbors for Internet Service Providers, search-engine optimizations, and foreign software distribution.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Erickson developed software for Sandia National Laboratories, a national security laboratory in the Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration.
J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University, J.D., 2005
- Executive Editor, BYU Law Review
University of Texas at Austin, B.S., Computer Sciences, 1998
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear LLP, 2005-2008
- California State Bar, 2006
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Mentor, Volunteers in Parole (2007-2008)
- Emphasizing the Copy in Copyright: Why Noncopying Alterations Do Not Prepare Derivative Works, 2005 BYU LAW REVIEW 1261
- "Noncopying Alterations," Orange County Bar Association (IP Section), 2006
RQ&N is pleased to announce that four attorneys have been elected Shareholders of the